Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Dutch Oven Stuffed Pork Chops


OK, I'll start this off with a favorite recipe that our Scout team has won prizes with at several Dutch Oven contests, even though I've let Scouts prepare it. Credit for this recipe goes to Dad, I learned it from him, but I know he'll never post it so here you go. Very easy and yummy.


Ingredients:
• Boneless pork tenderloin about 8-12 inches long or so: half of one of the really big ones you can get at Sams usually works about right.
• 1 bag of craisins, a 4 oz bag or whatever they come in. CRAISINS ARE THE KEY!
• A box (or sometimes I use 2) of Stove Top Stuffing pork flavor.

Directions:
• Slice the pork loin into slices about 3/4"-1" thick or whatever looks good. Then, using a sharp knife, cut a pocket into the middle of each slice, going as deep as you can without making a hole all the way through. About 12 chops will fill a normal dutch oven about right.
• Brown both sides of the pork slices on a hot grill or skillet, don't need to cook all the way through, just sear the outside.
• Make the stuffing by the directions on the box, you just need hot water and some butter.
• Mix the craisins in with the stuffing.
• Stuff the chops with as much stuffing as you can. Arrange them standing up in a Dutch oven with the pocket up. Put any extra stuffing over the top.
• Cook in Dutch oven for about an hour and the meat will be cooked through and tender.

After tasting it I think you'll agree that the craisins add a lot and make it a slamdunk. The photo above is not original but they should look sort of like that, you can do the toothpick thing if you want but I don't think it's needed.

1 comments:

Lori said...

I like me a Bingham food blog.