Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dill Cream Sauce

Disclaimer: Yes, salmon is healthy. Yes, it is a little less healthy with cream poured over the top but I, for one, don't care. This sauce is so savory and yummy and you only need a little bit. I broil or grill the salmon and then I top it with this bit of heaven. And now I give you my beloved...dill cream sauce.


1 Tbsp. finely diced onions
1 Tbsp. butter
1/4 C. chicken stock (or white wine but I doubt you have that on hand)
1/2 C. heavy cream
1 Tbsp. fresh chopped dill
Juice of 1/2 lemon (or 1 1/2 T juice)
Salt and white ground pepper to taste

Lightly saute onions in butter over medium heat
Deglaze pan with chicken stock
Reduce to half and then add cream
Simmer until sauce starts to thicken
Add seasoning and lemon juice

Serve over salmon. So freakin' good.

5 comments:

Richard said...

Done and done.

Lori said...

Lovely! I will be whippin' up and enjoying.

Jared said...

If we're required to have Martha Stewart photograph all of our entrees with an elegant arrangement and a little sprig of pine or whatever on top, I lose. Come on, do you really cook like that in Price?

If you want I can try to photoshop a sprig of alfalfa onto the pork chop picture.

beccy said...

i made this 2 nights ago, without even seeing it on the blog. well done indeed.

Unknown said...

It's a sprig of dill, dude.