Monday, May 31, 2010

Eric's Mom's Balls

My friend Eric brought these delightful balls to our bookclub last week. Too good to be true - and super easy.

1 package of Oreos
Block of Cream cheese, softened
White chocolate - I have no idea how much

Scrape the filling out of about 2/3rds of the Oreos. Set aside for later use as a facial mask, or to put on mashed potatoes, or to fill in nail holes in the wall. I don't really know what you would do with it.

Crush the now empty oreos and the remaining filled oreos. You want to break them down into pretty small pieces.

Mix crushed oreos with the softened cream cheese.

Roll into balls and chill in the fridge until firm.

Melt the white chocolate.

Dip the oreo balls in the chocolate and return to the fridge until firm.

Eat until you enter a coma. Leave a note so the paramedics will know what you ate and know the proper way to resuscitate.

I think these would be even better with Joe Joes if you can get them. I want to try them at Christmas with the candy cane Joe Joes.

3 comments:

Lynette said...

I have made these before, but with my recipe, there was no scraping of the innards. It turns out great with all the innards and it is a lot less work.

Beccy said...

yeah, WHY would you scrape out all of that fake yummy cream?

Unknown said...

I am just reporting what I was told was the recipe. We surmised that using all the cream would mess with the consistency? Evidently not...

What if you used peanut butter instead of cream cheese and dipped in milk chocolate? Mmmmmm.....